Configure SIP-based FoIP Service Huawei OLT
Configure SIP-based FoIP Service in Huawei OLT:
This topic describes how to configure the SIP-based FoIP service.
- The SIP-based VoIP service must be configured. For details, see Configuring the VoIP Service (SIP-based).
- The voice service port used for the FoIP service must be in the normal state, and the voice communication on the port must be normal.
According to the fax coding mode, the FoIP service is classified into two modes:
- Transparent transmission fax: uses the G.711 coding.
- T.38 fax: uses the T.38 coding In the fax service application, according to whether the SIP signaling is involved in controlling the transmission, the FoIP service is classified into two modes:
- 1. Negotiate mode, in which the SIP signaling is involved in controlling the transmission.
- 2. Self-switch mode, in which the SIP signaling is not involved in controlling the transmission.
Step 1: Configure the common parameters of fax and modem.
- 1. In the global config mode, run the interface sip command to enter the SIP interface mode.
- 2. In the SIP interface mode, run the fax-modem parameters negomode command to configure the coding negotiation mode.
The purpose of this step is to configure the coding negotiation mode. Key parameter negomode: includes the self-switch mode and the negotiate mode. By default, the negotiate mode is adopted.
Step 2: Configure the fax coding mode.
In the SIP interface mode, run the fax parameters command to configure the fax transmission mode. There is only one key parameter, which is described as follows:
transmode: The value 0 indicates the transparent transmission mode with the G.711 coding; the value 1 indicates the T.38 mode, which is a coding mode dedicated to the fax service. By default, the value 0 is adopted.
Step 3: Query the common parameters of the fax and modem or the fax parameter configuration.
- 1. Run the display fax-modem parameters command to query the fax negotiation flow.
- 2. Run the display fax parameters command to query the fax coding mode.
Example of SIP-based FoIP Service:
To configure the negotiation mode of the FoIP service on the SIP interface 0 to negotiate, enable 10 ms packetization, configure the RFC2198 negotiate mode to fixed start, RFC2198 start mode to smart2198 start, configure the event transfer mode of fax to fixed start, and the fax working mode to thoroughly, do as follows:
Huawei-OLT(config-if-sip-0)#fax-modem parameters negomode negotiate packet-interval-10ms enable rfc2198-negomode fixedstart rfc2198-startmode smart2198 transevent fixedsta
Huawei-OLT(config-if-sip-0)#fax parameters transmode 0
Huawei-OLT(config-if-sip-0)#display fax-modem parameters
Huawei-OLT(config-if-sip-0)#display fax parameters
Full Configuration SIP-based FoIP Service: