Root Password Recovery Huawei OLT
Hi everybody, Today i will teach you how to Root Password Recovery Huawei OLT MA56xx series device.
How to Do If the Root Password of a Device Is Lost ?
Huawei OLT default user is root & password is admin
After using the device, the user may change the default user name and password. If you forget the password of user root what are you do ?
Perform the following methods. Method 2 is recommended.
- Method 1: Load the empty database matched the device again through DoS. After restarting the device, log in to the system by using the default root password admin (OLT) or mduadmin (MDU). This method will lead to loss of data configurations and the user needs to configure the data again.
- Method 2: Modify the configuration file using the U2000 NMS.
- On the U2000, choose Administration > NE Security Management > LCT User Management from the main menu.
- On the LCT User Management tab page, select NE User and then Device Type. Select the desired device name from the Device Name column and user name from the Name column. In the displayed dialog box, choose Set Password to set the new password.
- NOTE: This method does not require a device restart or services are not interrupted.
- Method 3: If the device is managed by the U2000 NMS, modify the configuration file on the NMS as follows:
- Back up the configuration file of the device on the NMS.
- Open the configuration file and find out the record of changing the root password, as shown in boldface in the following display.
terminal user name buildrun_new_password root *JJIQa’LM[C&>]<B\_83Y5P7%!* 7
0000:00:00:00:00:00 2014:06:28:12:23:10 root 1 “—–“
terminal user name buildrun_new lww231 *[)!AAYS*Y&aU86K;V-a@AUA!!* 1 2009:06:04:17:07:25 2009:06:04:17:07:25 root 2 6 —–
terminal user name buildrun_new bmsmpls *[4P]`OUIa%=[G]0U3=OWJY1!!* 0 2009:06:08:15:01:02 2009:06:08:15:01:02 root 3 65535 —–
terminal user name buildrun_new_password shahed *[8!A321R&F$@5X1;L%^C.$\=!* 0 2015:03:09:17:16:55 2015:03:09:17:16:55 root 8 10 “O&M”
traffic table ip index 7 name “256kbps” cir 256 cbs 67536 pir 4096 pbs 135072 priority user-cos 0 priority-policy local-setting
3. Delete the boldface red color part and then save the configuration file.
4. Load the modified configuration file to the system through the NMS and activate the configuration file.
5. Log in to the device by using the default root password admin (OLT) or mduadmin (MDU).
3 thoughts on “Root Password Recovery Huawei OLT”
Since software release R016 the password has been changed from admin to admin123
Since software release R016 default password has been changed from admin to admin123
yes, From R016 to latest all Huawei OLT Firmware password : admin123
R015 & below version OLT password: admin