0x2e112004 The signal fail of ONTi (SFi) occurs
Today i will discuss about 0x2e112004 The signal fail of ONTi (SFi) occurs alarm. System generates this alarm when a GPON port detects that the signals of an ONT fail and that the BER check error code rate in the upstream direction of the ONT reaches the threshold.
|Alarm ID||Alarm Severity||Alarm Type|
Impact on the System:
The data link is interrupted and the data cannot be transmitted in the normal state. The services of the ONT are interrupted.
- The optical fiber is faulty.
- The ONT is abnormal.
- Check the optical fiber.
- If the optical fiber is not connected properly, reconnect the optical fiber again to ensure that the optical fiber is connected correctly and securely.
- If the optical fiber is aged, bent, or damaged, replace the optical fiber.
- If the connector of the optical fiber is not clean, clean the optical fiber.
- If the ONT is abnormal, reset or replace the ONT.
The bit error ratio (BER) domain is a domain of eight bits. It is used to calculate the parity check value of a segment of bytes. The receiver calculates a parity check value and compares the calculated value with the received BER value to obtain the number of error codes on the link.
Related clear alarm: 0x2e122004 The signal fail of ONTi (SFi) recovers
N.B: The Optical Network Unit (ONU) and the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) are both the user-side devices of the Optical Line Terminal (OLT) and they are both referred to as ONT.